There is no special formula to follow when you pray for a miracle. Since your spiritual journey is unique and distinctive, your method of praying for a miracle will be unique and distinctive too! Develop a prayer routine that aligns with your understanding of what it means to pray passionately, persistently, precisely, positively, and with praise.
1. Praying Passionately, Positively, and With Praise
As you pray, allow yourself to be moved by God’s power and grace. Pray with an open and receptive heart. Don’t subdue your emotions—let them out! When you feel moved to tears, allow yourself to cry. When you feel the need to shout, yell! When the spirit calls you to sing, belt out a psalm! Allow your emotions to wash over you.Express how you feel to God and don’t hold back. Pray for your miracle with blind, passionate faith.
- Pray takes many forms. You may feel more connected to God when you’re singing or reading and studying the Bible. Allow your times of worship to become prayers to God.
- Find what works for you! Everyone is at a different point in their spiritual journey. There is more than 1 way to connect to God
2. Pray positively
Place your faith in God and trust that God will answer your prayers. Remain positive throughout your prayer. Avoid negative phrases including “I know this is a long shot…” and negative thoughts. When you don’t trust in God’s capabilities, you are praying with a doubtful heart. Confess your fears and doubts to God. Allow your passionate faith and blind trust in God remove the burden of doubt from your heart. Remain focused on what God is capable of accomplishing. Be comforted by the knowledge that God is a loving, all-powerful being.
- When a doubt or fear arises, don’t wallow in it. Let it go! Do not allow yourself to worry over whether or not your desire will come true. Simply trust that you’ve done everything you can to make it happen. Turn to God in prayer and ask that God alleviate you from the doubt or fear.
3.Pray with praise. Get creative!
Find a meaningful way to personally thank God. Praise God in prayer, thought, and deed. Thank God with a prayerful song, a thought of thanksgiving, or with a kind act. Praise God for His guidance and wisdom. Thank God for calming your fears, for alleviating your self-doubt, and for giving you hope. Praise God for his faithfulness and commitment to you. Sing his praises when your life is at its highest of highs and its lowest of lows. Be grateful to God in all that you do.
- Thank God for what He has done in the lives of others.
4. Praying Persistently, Precisely, and with Patience
Come to God in prayer until something happens! Pray constantly. Ask God for guidance and healing around the clock, not just when it is convenient for you to do so. Pray on your commute, for five minutes at your desk, and at recess or lunch. Asking persistently for a miracle demonstrates your commitment. When you pray, be persistent about listening to God too. Listen for God’s guidance. Actively seek His advice.
- Devote an entire morning, day, or week to persistent prayer. Free yourself from distractions. Go to a park, sit by a lake, sit in a sanctuary, or retire to your bedroom. Make sure to listen to God’s will and directions too!
5. Pray precisely
Don’t be afraid to state what you want in clear and simple language. Ask God for the miracle. It is acceptable to be direct and to the point. Precise prayer requires focus and dedication. To avoid a wandering mind, avoid filling your prayers with irrelevant statements or flowery language—this won’t earn you any extra points!
- Repeat simple and direct phrases as part of your prayer.
- To help you focus, repeat the Catholic “Miracle Prayer.” The prayer goes as follows: “Lord Jesus, I come before Thee, just as I am, I am sorry for my sins, I repent of my sins, please forgive me. In Thy Name, I forgive all others for what they have done against me. I renounce Satan, the evil spirits and all their works. I give Thee my entire self, Lord Jesus, I accept Thee as my Lord God and Savior. Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul, and spirit. Come Lord Jesus, cover me with Thy Precious Blood, and fill me with Thy Holy Spirit , I love Thee Lord Jesus, I praise Thee Lord Jesus, I thank Thee Jesus, I shall follow Thee every day of my life. Amen. Mary, My Mother, Queen of Peace, all the Angels and Saints, please help me. Amen.
Pray with Patience. Waiting for a miracle to happen is frustrating. You may feel helpless, hopeless, and lost. You may want to wrangle control of your life from God. Take a deep, calming breath. Don’t lose faith in God. Your prayers are not being ignored. God works on His own timeline and in his own way. While you wait for your prayers to be answered, remain patient and lean on God and others for support