If you are a Christian, you can start each day by telling yourself these wonderful truths. You might want to memorize this list or run it off and keep it by your bed to read each morning!
1. I am God’s child.
John 1:12: To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
1 John 3:1: See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!
2. Although I deserved death, Jesus forgave my sins and promises me eternal life!
Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. Whatever happens today, I will not be alone.
Romans 8:38-39: For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor
any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
4. Not only is God ever-present, He is my Helper.
Hebrews 13:5-6: God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
5. I can obey God’s commands today because He gives me His power.
Philippians 4:13: I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
6. I can resist the devil today and he will flee from me.
James 4:7: Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
7. God has purposes for me today and I long to fulfill them.
Ephesians 2:10: For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
8. As I walk with God, He will use even the worst things in my life for my good today and everyday!
Romans 8:28: We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
By Gail Burton Purath
Credit: Bible Love Notes